1 nonsense; "I think that is a load of cobblers"
2 a man's testicles (from Cockney rhyming slang: cobbler's awl rhymes with ball)
EtymologyShortened from cobbler's awls, for balls (testicles or nonsense)
- see police#Synonyms
Cobbler may refer to:
- A shoemaker, one
who makes or repairs shoes.
- Cobbler apron, a type of apron that covers both the front and back of the body
- The Cobbler, a mountain located near the head of Loch Long in Scotland, also known as "Ben Arthur"
- Cobbler (food), a traditional baked dish, either dessert or savoury.
- USS Cobbler (SS-344)
- Cobbler (fish), Cnidoglanis macrocephalus, an eeltail catfish found along the coasts of Australia
- South Australian cobbler, Gymnapistes marmoratus, often just called "cobbler" in Australia
- Pompano, marine fishes in the Trachinotus genus and various other members of the Carangidae family and Perciforme order
cobblers in German: Cobbler